Welcome to My World of Pregnancy!

My photo
Billings, MT, United States

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week 35

I am one day away from week 36 and we know that that means.... ONE MORE MONTH! All this waiting and all this time has brought us to the last leg. Things have been busy getting ready for Karmella. We are pretty much set. Her nursery is done and we have almost everything we need. We are so lucky because we didn't buy a single outfit for her and our closet is filled with clothes! It took a whole day to wash everything- bibs, socks, blankets, crib sheets, clothes, hats, etc. We got our stroller and car carrier in the mail and daddy set that up a few days ago.

This week has brought a lot of changes for me, physically and hormonally. I have officially moved into the "I can't sleep" stage. My back continues to kill me every day. I have to use the bathroom more now, and about 3-4 times in the middle of the night. My stomach is cramping and feels really hard from the pressure of Karmella on my stomach. At my last appointment, the doctor said she is head down already. Lying down continues to get even more uncomfortable. Hormonally, I just "feel" different. It just started this week. I can't explain it, I just feel weird. Not crabby, thank God, but just different. I can only say it must be hormones. But, I am VERY excited and VERY anxious. I can't wait to meet her. Austin goes through the same symptoms as me, it's so funny! I swear we are so connected- when I can't sleep, he can't sleep. When I am anxious, he is anxious. When I am really hungry, so is he. When I feel really tired, so does he. He is right there supporting me more than I could ever ask. He caters to my every need and I don't know how I got so lucky to have a hubby like him. When I am ready to get up off the couch, he comes and puts his arms around me to pull me up. It's pretty funny actually to watch "beached whale" try to get up.

My mom is in town! She got here on Thursday and will stay until next Thursday. Then she will come back around the time when Karmella is due. I love to have my family here! I get a feeling of completeness when I am around both my family and Austin. Unfortunately my dad couldn't come this time, which was a bummer. He had to work, but he will definitely be here when Karmella is born. My mom is so wonderful. She has cooked for us every night and for those that know Connie, my mom is the Queen of Clean. Our house is completely spotless, and I mean every single corner. She even cleaned all the baseboards and blinds. She is very domestic, and I just love her so much for helping take care of me. You never get too old to be spoiled by mom. She loves Austin so much. She always says she thinks of him as a real son, not just a "son-in-law." I am glad they have a close relationship.

My mom and I went to a breastfeeding class yesterday. It was a great class where I learned so many things I had never known before about breastfeeding. It is the best thing a mother could possibly feed a baby, as the health benefits are off the charts. I will be persistent with trying to breastfeed Karmella. It would be selfish of me not to. Like I said, the benefits to the baby are amazing.

We haven't had an ultrasound for several months. Our last ultrasound is THIS TUESDAY!!! I am so excited! The doctor will check her position. At this point, I will go every week to the doctor. At 37 weeks, babies are considered full term, so she could be coming any time now!!!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I am the one who feels out of the loop palying phone tag with you!! So much is going on. Glad that Connie is there to clean for you. I imagine that really puts you at ease. Miss you and love you. j