Welcome to My World of Pregnancy!

My photo
Billings, MT, United States

Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 33



As you can see, I have gotten quite a bit bigger over the last couple weeks! I can't believe how much she is growing, but I keep reading everywhere that these last 6 weeks is the time when she will grow the most and put on all her fat. I have gained almost 25 pounds so far- she is definitely getting bigger!

This past week has become the start of what I assume is going to be another difficult stage. I have noticed myself becoming really tired again, although not as bad as 1st trimester. My back still consistently hurts. Worst of all is the discomfort when I'm lying down, sleeping, or trying to relax. It's so hard to have this foreign "thing" sticking out from my stomach. The rest of my body is pretty much normal, then I have this big thing popping from my belly! It just throws everything off balance. Even simple things like rolling from one side to another is soooooo uncomfortable! LOL!! Wait until we see my belly in another 2 weeks and it will be even bigger! Yikes! Another thing that has me completely uncomfortable is the shortness of breath. I never feel like I am getting enough oxygen because as she gets bigger she's pushing on all my lungs. I take a million deep breaths a minute, you'd think I was suffering from something.

If I've ever complained about swollen ankles or whatever in the past, forget what I said then because now I am SERIOUSLY swollen. It's mostly just my feet; it's hilarious to look at them because they are huge and puffy. Austin and I laugh at them. This past Wednesday they suddenly became extremely swollen big time and haven't gone down.

We have our Labor and Delivery class tomorrow morning from 9AM-1PM. We'll learn a lot of good stuff tomorrow.

FYI- lay off the spicy food when pregnant because it makes the heartburn even worse. Yea, literally as I write this my throat's burning from some sp-sp-spicy food I ate tonight. Never had heartburn until I got pregnant and even then it just started about a month ago. Another minor, but very noticeable bodily change of a pregnant woman!

No comments: