Friday, July 11, 2008
Week 22
It's been a busy week, but it's finally Friday. Austin's 27th birthday was yesterday. He had a very special day. I made him a big breakfast in the morning and had some balloons and his card out before he got up. Then after work we went to dinner with a group of friends and had a great time. He got to blow out candles on his birthday cake and everyone sang happy birthday to him! He said he doesn't remember the last time he got to do that. Everyone has that little kid side in them, even at 27! I also am getting him a PS3, speaking of little kid. That's what he wanted. :-)
Nothing too new about the pregnancy. Karmella is moving quite a bit, but it's subtle. She moves the most after I eat something. My back pain is getting worse, which REALLY STINKS! I also get super uncomfortable if I sit or lay down for too long. It's hard to get comfortable at night, too. I did get a pregnancy pillow to put between my legs, so it has helped a little. My back pain is a huge discomfort because when I lay on my side, my mid-section sinks down low from the belly weight, but the rest of my back is arched up so my body is shaped like a horseshoe. Kills my back. Ok, so who knew the TAILBONE would hurt during pregnancy, but mine is killing me! Especially when I sit a lot during the day. The pressure from my growing uterus pushes on my tailbone and it feels like I slipped and fell right on it! I Googled it (like I do everything) and many women experience tailbone pain when they are prego, I guess.
I have cut down on eating sugar. That craving is surprisingly not as strong as it was before. I still get my sweet treats, but not as much. It just naturally went away a little. Well, my craving is probably "normal" now, versus before when I'd eat ridiculous amounts of sweets every single day.
I have gained close to 15 pounds. It's not just all belly, unfortunately. I can see the 15 pounds in my hips, legs, arms, and face. It spread out all over! :-) I basically thickened up everywhere. ;-) It's good for the baby- she has a nice cushiony pillow now. LOL! Austin says he likes when I am pregnant and "wishes I was pregnant all the time" as quoted by Austin himself. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tell Austin I say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't wait to see you guys. I really want to feel the baby move.
Post a Comment