
I felt the baby move for the first time this week! Week 18. After the first time, I have been feeling her every day since then. I think it's because I have become a lot more active this past week. I joined LVAC (Las Vegas Athletic Club) so I could take some classes, walk around the track, swim laps, etc. So far, I have taken some yoga classes, prenatal classes, and aqua classes. Everything I do at the gym is very low impact and slow. I am using very light weights, too. No running! Just walking or elliptical machine. The whole point of me working out is because I am trying to lose 15 pounds. TOTALLY JOKING! Weight loss right now is the last thing on my mind, not to mention impossible during pregnancy! Working out makes labor and delivery easier. Also, I want to work out so that I can get my circulation healthy and normal again. I had been completely stagnant for almost 2 months when I was sick, so I did not do ANYTHING active and I am feeling it now! I get winded very easily and my flexiblity has decreased. It feels good to be active again!Anyway, when I felt her move for the first time, I was laying out by the pool on my stomach at Sommer's. It was slightly uncomfortable and I think she was telling me she didn't like the pressure I was putting on her. It has a very distinct feeling and hard to explain. It's fluttery and quick. Later that same night when we were laying in bed, Austin put his hand on my belly and felt her move several times, too!
Austin went to Montana this weekend for a wedding, so Teresa stayed the night the past two nights while he was gone. He'll be back later tonight. It was a last minute plane ticket purchase, so I stayed here for money's sake. Teresa and I watched a million movies and ate a lot of bad foods! You know, the kind that I crave all the time. Not just sweets, but greasy food. Ughhhh...I am trying really hard NOT to have the mentality that "I'm pregnant so I can eat whatever I want." Buuuut, I still do. :-) So far, I have gained about 10 pounds. The baby had a HUGE growth spurt during weeks 16-18. It was like all of a sudden I woke up one day and my belly was popped out! That was week 16. I swear it gets bigger every day. I am not kidding. Austin even said, "When I get back I think you will look different because you change every day!" He texts and says he misses "his girls." (Karmella, Jayda, and me. He's surrounded by girls all the time! I love it)! Being away from each other is harder during pregnancy. I love him so much! I love him more every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment